Dog DNA-Canine Breed Identification Test Kit-Cheek Swab
Rating: 2.5 out of 5 star
Average Customer Rank:5 out of 10
A very easy to use, cheek swab, DNA kit. For the price it is hard to beat, but keep in mind that the more you pay, the more options you have. In essence with the kits, you get what you pay for. Now with that being said, you do receive a certification of the test results. This test just does not go in depth as good as the more expensive ones.
Here is a list of four things the test kit does do for you:
- With a simple cheek swab, you can uncover DNA-based insights that may help you understand your dog’s unique appearance, behaviors and wellness needs.
- Results include a custom photo certificate of your dog’s breed composition and a report on your dog’s dominant breeds, personality traits, and health concerns
- Results are available approximately two weeks from receipt of sample.
- Acquiring genetic breed knowledge about your dog will help you be more pro-active about the wellness of your pet. This test will help you to learn or confirm the breeds in your dog.
The tests have been used in court to exempt dogs showing characteristics of certain breeds (e.g., pit bull) from misguided discriminatory legislation according to Amazon.com.
Find My Pet DNA 2.0 Dog DNA Test-Your Dog DNA Matters
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Average Customer Rank: 7.4 out of 10
Here is a test kit that scores pretty well with us. It is also a cheek swab that takes under 60 seconds to complete. You then send it off for testing. For the price that it has, it is a popular kit. They then provide you with a certificate of proof as well and also the percentage of the different breeds they found as well. It is also made in the U.S.A.
- Do you need to discuss your dogs background with your vet? The Find My Pet dog breed test identifies 100% of the AKC certified dog breeds found in your dogs DNA, the results can be used when you need to discuss the associated ailments and personality traits of your dogs breed and background with your vet.
- Extensive AKC Breed Database Recognized and respected worldwide, the AKC is the foremost authority. Their dog DNA test will allow you to know your dogs unique personality traits and help you come up with the best training and parenting strategies.
- Does your dog have predisposed ailments? In just under a minute, you can use your “Find My Pet DNA kit”. Send it in and you’ll get the results you need in just 3 to 4 weeks. Once you receive the results, discuss with your vet about your dog breed’s predisposed ailments. DNA testing can help you stay one step ahead in terms of your dogs health and well-being.
- Their extensive breed database will identify any breed recognized by the AKC, identifying breeds as far back as your dogs Great Grandparents.
- World Class customer service and 100% Made in USA
Wisdom Panel 3.0 Breed Identification Dog DNA Test Kit
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Average Customer Ranking: 8.78 out of 10
Dog DNA breed ancestry testing kit is a simple cheek swab you can do at home, and for the money this is the one we would recommend. Wisdom panel uses some of the most accurate & Advanced breed IDENTIFICATION method under patent. They test for over 250+ breeds, types, & varieties—the most of any test on the market.
- Three simple steps: Simply collect your dog’s DNA with a cheek swab, activate your kit online & send your kit to the lab with prepaid shipping.
- You will receive a genetic analysis of your dogs ancestry & breed IDENTIFICATION in as little as 2 weeks.
- Benefits of DNA analysis: genetic testing can help you identify breeds & specific health issues that may be important to the well being of your dog. Do not let your dog eat anything or Share a water dish with other dogs for about an hour before you do the test.
- Work with your veterinarian & use your results to develop training, nutrition & long-term healthcare plans.
- As the leading canine genetics company they have tested the DNA of more than a million dogs & developed the largest & most comprehensive breed database in the world, with a sophisticated algorithm and a very strategically placed set of markers.
Dog DNA Test Kit-Breed Identification-160 Health Results-200K Genetic Markers
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Average Customer Rank: 9.8 out of 10
Now for the money, this is a top of the line test. It is very extensive and is worth the money in many ways. I have listed a few below. There are plenty of diseases that it tests for and if their has been another dog that has been run through their data, and is any relation to your best bud, then they provide you with that information as well. A great product!
- BREED DISCOVERY: With a simple cheek swab, Embark uses the most accurate breed identification scientifically possible. The Embark Dog DNA Test Kit tests for over 250 dog breeds, even wolf, coyote, and village dog ancestry.
- FAMILY TREE AND ANCESTRY: The Embark Dog DNA Test will tell you your dog’s family tree all the way back to great grandparents. Embark also shows other dogs of similar breed mix to your pup. You can explore their profiles and photos and see how much they resemble your dog.
- DISCOVER YOUR DOG RELATIVES: Find and connect with other dogs that share DNA with yours, including distant and close relatives. Only Embark will give you a percentage of shared DNA between your dog and others that have been tested with Embark. Doggy DNA Relative Finder included with your purchase.
- HEALTHY AGING: Embark tests for over 165 diseases. With our comprehensive genetic testing, you can better plan for healthy aging, with information on everything from genetic diseases to drug sensitivities. Keep your dog healthy longer by testing for genetic diseases that occur later in life including glaucoma, degenerative myelopathy, and dilated cardiomyopathy, three of the most common adult-onset diseases in dogs.
- FAST, TRUSTED RESULTS: Built by experts, only Embark is partnered with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine and is trusted by veterinary hospitals. Results generally between 2-4 weeks.
There are many more out their as well. We provided you with some of the top DNA kits, in different price ranges, that are along the top of the line. We hope this will help you in your journey and the question on finding what breed your dog is. Please leave any comments or questions that you may have below. Remember that we are their to help. Happy Tails, Happy Trails!